Monday, January 19, 2009



Introducing the Blanco County General Store!

You've probably noticed that I haven't been posting much around here lately. The truth is, I'm a little burned out on it. So I'm going to take a break for an undetermined amount of time. Before I do that however, I wanted to mention this....

Not long ago, at a book club, a reader asked if I was doing anything to commemorate the end of the Blanco County series. Well, I hadn't even thought about it. Considering that the paperback of Holy Moly will be released in a few months, I figured I'd better get on the stick. 

So I'm proud to announce the grand opening of the Blanco County General Store (also known as the web storefront where Ben shamelessly hawks questionable merchandise). I've attached a couple of examples of the shirts available on the site. 

Check it out by clicking here.

Again, thanks for all your support over the years. My agent is currently pitching the standalone novel I wrote last year. When I have news on that front, you can bet you'll hear it here.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I checked out the General Store. Nice. But the one item I want is missing. A Holy Moly T-shirt. My grandkids just love to hear me say that.

Ben Rehder said...

Sorry, I didn't have large enough digital files to create shirts for all of the covers. Hence the one shirt with all six.

chasingsquirrelswithrusty said...

I love the Blanco County series and sure hate to see it go. I'm on my way to the store now....

Sharon

Ben Rehder said...

Thanks, Sharon. I'll miss writing them.

Father of Jack said...

No posts since Jan? I'll bookmark this blogspot and hope for more. I guess when the next novel comes out we'll see some action.

Cheers.

Ben Rehder said...

Father of Jack,

I'll try to get the motivation to start posting again. You never know...

Father of Jack said...

You mentioned a stand alone novel... Any news on that coming out?

Ben Rehder said...

I appreciate you asking. My agent and I are still pitching it. Tough market right now, so wish me luck.

Father of Jack said...

Well, if you need a letter of recommendation to the House that's looking at it just let us know ;)

I know things are tough right now - try selling to attorneys in this market!

One thing I am doing more is reading. I would love for ALL of my favorite authors to put out a new dig right now. Keeps my mind off our climate.

Just knocked out both of Michael J. Fox's memoirs this week. Great stuff. I know you have not posted lately, except in the comments - but a post about anything you've read recently might help us during our trips to the libraries...

Good luck to you and your agent. Keep pitching - we'll be here.