Thursday, July 30, 2009


What I've been reading.

Father of Jack asked what I've been reading lately. The truth is, I haven't been reading quite as much as I usually do, and that's probably tied to not writing as much as I usually do. The two are often linked.

Anyway, I've read...

THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO, by Stieg Larsson, which was good, albeit a little slow at first. I kept going and ultimately enjoyed it.

The first few chapters of THE LIGHTNING THIEF, by Rick Riordan, just to see what the hubbub is about. It's not the sort of book I'd normally read, but I can understand why kids are loving that series.

SWAN PEAK, by James Lee Burke, which is another solid addition to the Robicheaux series, although, honestly, I think that series is reaching its limits.

FEELERS, by Brian Wiprud, which is very unique and a lot of fun. Go pick that one up.

There are others, but I can't remember what they are right now, which is a review unto itself.






3 comments:

Father of Jack said...

Grrrr. My fancy library does not have a copy of Feelers. Actually, they don't have any of his books. I must request. Lightning must be a good kid series because I'm 60'ish in queue to check out that book.

Starting The Border Trilogy this week. That should satisfy my need for some solid southern literature.

Thanks for the post.

Ben Rehder said...

FOJ, you can't go wrong with that pick.

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for the recommendations. I just picked up Feelers for my Kindle. Its nice to have you posting again. Good luck pitching the new book, I'm crossing my fingers for you. .... Mo