Wednesday, August 12, 2009

If I were writing another Blanco County novel....

Police: Man used deer antlers in north Austin fight

11:39 AM CDT on Tuesday, August 11, 2009

KVUE.com Staff

A man faces aggravated assault charges in connection with an incident using an unusual weapon.

According to an arrest affidavit, Randy Keith Carlson, 43, is accused of attacking another man with deer antlers.

Witnesses reported that Carlson and another man were arguing when Carlson began attacking the other man with the antlers on Monday afternoon. The fight ended when an officer pulled up on the scene on Rutland Drive.

According to court documents, the ends of the antlers had been sharpened.

Bond was set at $25,000.

8 comments:

Bill Crider said...

Well, maybe I'll use it.

Ben Rehder said...

I stole it from your blog anyway.

Anonymous said...

Again the truth is stranger than fiction ..... Mo

Susan said...

God, I miss Austin.

Ben Rehder said...

I miss Austin, too--the one from about 1979.

wrbpilot said...

At first I thought this was the weirdest story I have read in a long time. Then I noticed it occurred on Rutland Drive and now it makes a little sense. The fact that the points were sharpened makes this a planned weapon. Wow

I can see a new sport emerging from this. I hope I can become a charter member of the Austin Antler Fencing Club. Sure beats cardio kickboxing.
Will Brown

Patty said...

My husband and I love your books. We were given Buck Fever by my brother-in-law. We both loved it some much that we bought all of your books.

They are great! Please keep writing.

Ben Rehder said...

Hey Patty, I appreciate the kind words. Thanks for reading, and give my thanks to your brother-in-law for spreading the word!